1 packet raspberry jelly
1 cup water
1 tin evapourated milk – well chilled
2 cups cold sweetened rhubarb puree
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons sugar
- Make jelly using 1 cup only of nearly boiling water. Set aside until thickened to the consistency of egg white.
- Beat the chilled evapourated milk until thick and foamy.
- Add thickened jelly and rhubarb puree and beat gently until combined.
- Beat egg white until foamy and then slowly beat in the sugar until stiff.
- Fold the egg white mixture into the fruit foam and pour immediately into a large serving bowl.
- Chill until set.
This makes a huge bowl of foam. The six of us can only manage to eat half of it so we put the other half into an ice cream container and freeze it for the following night.